VisionVijana: the new breed of vision service agents for people who desire better eye sight.
Vijana Reloaded Kenya (www.vijanareloaded.com) is a social business with the purpose to create youth employment in Kenya, through training youth in entrepreneurship and offering them ‘ready-to-go’ business opportunities. Vijana Reloaded has partnered with Twobillioneyes (head quarters in the Netherlands, www.twobillioneyes.org) who has developed ICT-based technology that is supportive in conducting vision tests of people who clear vision. Based on the vision test results, corrective eyeglasses can be customized and assembled to improve the vision of the client. VR and TBE envision that this technology can become an income generating activity for micro-entrepreneur agents called Vision Vijana.
In order to develop, test and pilot this ready-to-go business model, we will firstly select 9 Vision Vijana candidates, who will receive a two weeks training, and then will be coached on conducting vision tests and assembling eyeglasses for truck drivers in Mombasa.
The selected Vision Vijana’s will work on a contract basis. When the pilot results are promising, we will further explore if the Vision Vijana’s can continue as micro-entrepreneurial agents (which for now is outside scope of this contract assignment).
- Selected Vision Vijana agents will be contracted under Vijana Reloaded Kenya. An international team from Twobillioneyes will train the selected Vision Vijana over the course of two weeks in the use of the vision testing technology, assembling eyeglasses as well as in social skills. Directly after the training, there is a three weeks period where the trained Vision Vijana will test the vision of 500 truck drivers at the depot of Maersk near Mombasa airport and assemble corrective eyeglasses for people whose vision will benefit it. These activities are being supervised by an accredited doctor and opticians from the Netherlands.
Key tasks and Deliverables
- Ushering truck drivers at the Maersk depot to come and access the vision test free-of-charge
- Assist with accurate data collection (using mobile phone survey)
- Conducting vision tests
- Prescription of corrective eyeglasses
- Assembling and issuing of the corrective eyeglasses
- KCSE Certificate holder with a minimum of a C+ or an equivalent
- Fluent spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- Age 25 – 35
- Open to male and female. Female candidates are encouraged to apply!
- Able to use a smart phone and has knowledge on use of mobile applications
- Passionate and motivated about providing quality service
- Being patient
- High integrity
- Self-belief , hard work and disciplined
- Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent communication Skills and soft skills
- Effective planning skills
The following youth are also encouraged to apply for the position
1. Certified Nurses
2. Certified Clinical Officers (trained by KMTC or an equivalent training institute)
3. Also other degree holders are welcome to apply
How to apply?
If this profile suits you and you are ready to take on a new challenge, you need to apply urgently by the 24th of July 2018 and interviews will take place on the 27th of July 2018 in Mombasa.
Please send us your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are free to call our recruitment department if you have any enquiries on +254721430867
Your application letter/email should at least contain the following: your name, gender, address, phone number, email address, personal motivation (why do you want this job?), educational degree, languages you speak/read/write, your age, experience in smart phone usage, your social and technical skills, and any other information that makes you qualify for this job. You are welcome to attach your CV to the email.